Monday, July 7, 2008

Sebastian's Oaxaca (part 1)...

So far this trip my favorite things have been seeing my dad, visiting my family, the good food and the really cool graffiti.
today me and my mom had a big adventure we were coming back from a village when it started to rain heavily. we were in a taxi
the road became a swirling river of dirt and rocks.
the water was so bad that we had to sit in taxi for one hour.
we soon noticed that buses were able to make it through. we got on a bus and rode to the central market. my mom started to freak out, because she thinks that the market is very dangerous. so we got in another taxi and drove home. the graffiti pictures below are from around the neighborhood, all four of these are stencil.


3 comments:

Tim C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim C said...

Splendid graffiti indeed, Seb!

A dangerous mercado, eh? Who would have thought it. Of course, there is always the danger of tripping over a severed head or two, I should think.

I received your e-mail and will send a reply tonight.

Keep posting your pictures! It's interesting to see what you have been doing.

Respects to your family, Seb, and a hug to your Mom.

--Tim

P.S. I reposted this because I spotted a typo!

Bridget said...

Seb - so will you be coming home and leaving religious graffiti on your neighbors' walls???

Sounds like you are having a good time, which is great.

(P.S. When are you going to write about how much you miss ME????)

;-)