Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Bus Home...



This is the bus that we take to get to Sebastian's abuelita's house - it costs 4.5 pesos (.45 US).The drivers generally LOVE to blast music and sometimes decide to take an alternate route.
I went today to say "Gracias por todo (Thank you for everything) to the family,which of course includes extended family.One of the aunts told me there is going to be a woman's march tomorrow to commemorate two years ago when the women of Oaxaca took over the local TV station for 20 days!She said if I was here I could march with them- I'm sorry to have to miss it.
Apparently there was an earthquake here yesterday- I never felt it though I have felt many others here.It depends on where the tremors emanate from and the after shock as to what damage may occur.It's funny because last night Sebastian said when he was in the studio with his father,Fernando said he felt the floor move and then said it must have been in his head.





Here is a photo of one of Sebastian's favorite second cousins, Carlitos.Carlitos is three and is quite a spitfire.I wanted to post his photo as Sebastian ALWAYS comes home and talks about Carlitos.
Carlitos goes to guardaria (like nursery school) and if you ask him "How was school?" his response is "I didn't hit anyone today."He believes that everything is mio (mine).Although this sounds like bratty behavior, he also is very loving and chatters away in a soft,sweet voice that changes everything.His grandmother told me he eats sweets and then just explodes!However, she said, he has a very good ear for music.
He reminds me a lot of Sebastian when he was that age.

No comments: